Frequently Asked Questions
Given the early stage of ChatGPT Plugins and our product, you may have questions about usage or setup.
I'm getting a "Could not login to plugin" error on trying to sign in.
Some ChatGPT servers are not correctly configured for some regions. Please try changing your ChatGPT language settings to "en-US" and sign in again.
Plugin not working?
Sorry about that. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin.
Do I need ChatGPT Plus to use the plugin?
Yes, you'll need to have a paid ChatGPT Plus account and access to GPT 4 to use the ScholarAI Plugin. We are working on dedicated tooling, so stay tuned!
ChatGPT is telling me it can't read certain links without using ScholarAI.
Usually just insist. ChatGPT has limited instructions in how each plugin can be used, but will often follow direct user requests to use a specific plugin if told.
I'm getting an "Authorization Error accessing Plugins" on trying to use ScholarAI
Please do the following steps:
1) Go to the plugin store
2) Click on the "Installed" tab
3) Uninstall ScholarAI
4) Go to the "All" or "Popular" tabs and search for ScholarAI
5) Reinstall the plugin and login with your preferred account!
What does premium include?
A ScholarAI premium account gives you access to 1) question answering: ChatGPT can dive into the article to find specific answer and 2) image extraction: interpret images using AI.
How come ScholarAI only reads a section of a paper at a time?
ScholarAI miminizes hallucinations relative to other PDF reading plugins. We do this in two ways:
1) ScholarAI only returns a couple of segments of a paper at a time. Since papers are often long documents, its very common that the full content of a paper will extend beyond ChatGPT's context window (think of the context window as "short-term memory"). If we were to provide the entire paper content, ChatGPT would likely hallucinate details since the ChatGPT would not be able to capture the entire context.
2) ScholarAI only returns source content, not summaries or generative answers. Since ChatGPT is generative itself, each application of generative summary can increase the rsk of content being distorted.
ScholarAI has guardrails to prevent users from requesting large swaths of content at once without writing about each response, but users sometimes bypass this by specifically requesting. Please note that when this happens, the risk of hallcuination drastically increases.
Can't find the answer to your question?Get in touch with our team.
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you as soon as possible with support on your question.