Sign up or Upgrade to Premium
As of now, you will need a ChatGPT Plus account to use plugins.
To sign up for ScholarAI, sign up at the PluginLab website, or hit the Sign Up button in the top right corner of this page.
Upgrade to Premium
Use our advances features like question answering and image extraction with Premium.
- Make sure you have signed up for a ScholarAI account.
- Sign into your ChatGPT Plus account and start a new chat.
- Switch to GPT-4 and select the Plugins option.
- You can either search flip through the popular pages to select ScholarAI.
Here's a summary of our features. Scroll down to see more details.
Easily find relevant research articles
Read full text
Have ChatGPT read and summarize full text
Bring your own PDF
Use our plugin to read your PDF from a web link
Connect to your Zotero account to save citations
Paper Question Answering (Premium)
Ask specific questions and use ScholarAI to find the answer in the paper
Figure and Table Extraction - Beta (Premium)
Use ScholarAI to read figures and tables from a paper.
Search over 40M+ articles from PubMed, Springer, Arxiv, Science, IEEE, and more
- Prompt: With the ScholarAI plugin installed, prompt ChatGPT to look for research papers. Our typical prompt looks like this: “Find papers on [your search topic]”.
- Be Specific: When looking for articles, use specific words related to your topic. This will help you find the most relevant articles.
- Sort Results: You can organize your search results by how many times an article has been cited by other articles or by its publication date. If you don't choose, the plugin will organize the results by relevance.
- Set a Date Range: If you are only interested in articles published during a certain time period, you can set a start and end year. If you don't, the plugin will search all years.
Read Full Text Articles and PDFs
- From Search: Find a paper you’re interested in from the search? Ask ChatGPT for more details on that article and it will load the full text from the article into its context.
- Did you know? ScholarAI can also help you read the full text of PDFs by uploading a URL? Simply upload a PDF you want to read and ScholarAI can summarize and find insights.
- Prompt: For best results, prompt ChatGPT with the ScholarAI Plugin installed with: “Use ScholarAI to read [PDF URL HERE]”
Save Citations to Zotero
- First: go to your Zotero account and get your API key.
- From Search: Find a paper you’re interested in from the search? Ask ChatGPT to save it to Zotero by providing ChatGPT with your API key.
Paper Question Answering
- Use this feature to ask specific questions about PDFs.
- Prompt: access this feature while interacting with full text, or provide your own URL with a prompt like this: "[SPECIFIC QUESTION ABOUT PAPER]? Use this paper: [PDF URL]".
Figure and Table Extraction - Beta
- Use this beta feature to pull figures and tables from a paper.
- Prompt: access this feature while interacting with full text, or provide your own URL with a prompt like this: "Retrieve image labeled [IMAGE LABEL] from [PDF URL]".
- What does beta mean? Beta means we are still working on this feature, so results may vary.